Martin Luts , Chief Operational Officer at Omniva , joins me to talk about some innovation and new infrastructure, including:
A new sorting centre
- Increased efficiency and volume capacity
- Centralised sorting of letters and parcels under the same roof
- Sorting plans and subsidiary hubs
- Solar panels on the roof
- Electric vehicle trial, and the use cases for electric delivery vehicles
Omniva’s growing network of parcel lockers across the Baltics
- Public acceptance
- Location and availability
Also in this episode, Dean Maciuba, Managing Partner North America for Last Mile Experts, analyses Amazon’s recent wage increase.
- What this means for small carriers as well as the delivery giants such as UPS, FedEx and USPS
- The tight labour market and hiring for peak season
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes .
Brought to you by:
The Postal Hub Podcast is the weekly podcast for the global postal and delivery sectors. For more information, visit the Postal Hub Podcast website at thepostalhub.com